I’ve been working out in the yard a lot getting mulch done and what not, so that I can do another big push on the kitchen. In my spare time I’ve made a few things.
I’m just going to throw out that I really don’t care if this thing ever gets done. I’ve been on vacation and switching to a new job. I also skip posts where I’m working on things that just aren’t interesting. In my last post the first few pictures were of the cabinet over the fridge. I have spent a lot of time looking at that cabinet and knowing that it is just wrong. I decided that I couldn’t live with it. I took it down and a couple of my friends found the actual issue. I rebuilt part of it, and we put it back up. That was a ton of work.
Updated Kitchen pictures
One of my strong suits is to be able to multitask heavily. Even with all the work in the kitchen, I am usually researching one thing or learning another thing Once the kitchen is done, I am going to focus on a shop re-organization. There are couple of tools I want to pick up before that happens. A metal lathe and mill are at the top of the list. I’ve been keeping an eye on craigslist and finally found one. I setup a time for myself and Maddog to go pick it up, and that’s where this little story begins.
The more progress I make, the more I have to do.
I ordered the counter tops. They are going to be white concrete.
They were delivered via UPS freight, which incidentally, would only drop it off at the end of my drive way. This my driveway. It’s a “little bit” of a hill .
Then I had to move it all inside. I should probably mention that it was only 8 degrees outside.
I hope that once the countertops are in, and I can cook and do dishes and not have to put so many hours in. At this point, I am trying not to think about how much work is left to do, I’m just working. As a matter of fact, I haven’t thought much about being finished with this project. This kitchen needed done, and I’m doing it, that is about as far as my thought process has gone. I was washing a bowl in the new sink the other day, and it just kind of hit me, I am going to have a pretty kick ass kitchen when this all done.
Back in October, on an unseasonably warm day, I did some garage door maintenance. I greased all the moving parts with lithium grease, changed the battery in the keypad, and put new lights in the door opener. I figured I would get it in good shape for winter. The problem is, it hasn’t worked correctly since.
It’s been driving me insane. Sometimes I will go out there and sit on the stool and just stare at it. You can open it with with remote, you just can’t close it. So I’d have to open it from the house (my garage is detached), then get in the car, pull out, then get out of the car, go in the garage and push the hard wired button. I reprogrammed everything, it would seem to work in the garage, and then not work work in the car.
I read up on the internet and didn’t find much help. I checked this and that. All I kept thinking was “all I did was change the battery”. But that wasn’t all I did, I changed the lights, as well. There was a tiny spark of memory in my brain about LED bulbs and frequencies, and I went out and unscrewed the bulbs. It worked.
I had changed the bulbs from CFL to LED. There is circuitry in the LED bulbs that puts out a frequency that interferes with your garage door opener(cheaper bulbs) . When you open it, the lights come on, so that’s why you can’t close it.
Apparently everyone on the planet knows this but me.